Melissa, my roommate, left for Rome this morning at 5:30 a.m. I know she was as quiet as possible, but I woke up with her and had a difficult time getting back to sleep. 6:30 a.m. and I'm up again, this time, to a thunderstorm. I finally rise at 9:00 a.m. and head to breakfast. It's certainly a different crowd downstairs this time. No loud, chattering Texas A&M students eating cereal, pineapple, and whatever other familiar and identifiable food served for breakfast. I sit alone and enjoy the quiet. I even got brave and assembled a sandwich of cheese and some sort of prosciutto-like meat. I head back to my room to blog Day 6 and 7's adventures and groan at the sound of rain. We were supposed to go on a Fat Tire Bike Tour at 4, and they skies don't look promising.
I lounge around my room, watching CNN UK, our only english channel, and googling, youtubing and facebooking every thing and everyone I can think of.
Eventually I gather up the courage to knock on some doors and find signs of life amongst my classmates. Apparently I'm the only one who gets up before noon...
Around 3:00, Rose, Rupal, and I head into Barcelona for some shopping! I bought a really cute top from Zara. We ventured into a few higher end shops, I really wish I had the money to spend on so many beautiful things!
We grabbed a bite to eat at my new favorite restaurant, a tapas bar I raved about in an earlier post, and caught a train back to the University. We had plans to go out tonight, but everyone else wanted to stay in, so here I am, blogging before bed.

i’m an associate of mary anne radmacher’s and saw you’ve enjoyed her quote, “live with intention.” i know mary anne is so happy when people find inspiration from her words in the context of their daily lives. for more work from mary anne’s hand visit her website maryanneradmacher.com. mary anne has written several books and shares her work in many forms including conferences and classes. If you’d like more information feel free to e-mail me at jessicaformaryanneradmacher@gmail.com. thanks for sharing her words!
ReplyDelete