We took a train into the city for a little adventure. I'd never been on a train, tram, subway, or metro before, so it was quite an experience. Tons of fun.
We arrived in the center of Downtown Barcelona and preceded to get lost about 4 times.
After we got back on track we walked down Las Ramblas, a buzzing street full of vendors and interesting people. It was a wonderful sight to take in. The smells of flowers and sangria mixed together in a mezmerizing perfume. At the end of Las Ramblas, right by the sea, is a statue of Christopher Columbus, we took pictures there and all around the port of Barcelona and then hopped on board a catamaran for a sailing cruise into the Mediterranen. It was a little rough, and my weak stomach almost gave out on me. The 1 euro sangria probably made matters a little worse. We grabbed a bite to eat at Subway and ducked into the Metro Station just as a shower washed over the city.
Day 2
Got off the plain in London to a different world. Everything seemed a little brighter, and much cooler. We waited in the terminal for several hours during which I searched in vain for a mechanical pencil to continue my puzzle obcession. I found a Mont Blanc pencil, but decided it was just a little out of my price range.
Boarded my third plane of the trip to Barcelona. Quick 2 hour flight to Spain.
We arrived at the serhs hotel campus on the Universidat de Barcelona campus. Unpacked, ate dinner with the group, and crashed.
Day 1
Cody dropped me off at the airport at 12:55 and I got on a quick flight to Houston, were I was meeting the rest of our group for a 7:55pm flight to London. I killed time by wandering around Intercontinental. Our flight to London was better than I expected, I didn't sleep much because I bought a new puzzle book that is supposed to make blank grids into pictures. By the time we arrived in London, I had a panda and a power drill.

No comments:
Post a Comment