Day 24
Beach Day.
A much better day. I can´t complain about much when my toes are in the sand and I´m soaking up the sun on the water. A margarita and my man might have made the experiance a little more enjoyable, but my mood certainly improved from the day before and I am thankful.
Melissa and I ventured to Sitges. It was my second trip to the sleepy city and Melissa´s first. We layed out, played in the sea, and did some shopping. I´m pretty estatic about a beautiful black cotton dress I found at The Colors of Benetton. I love it!!! for almost 70 euro I better be wearing it everyday!
After our beach and shopping extravaganza, Melissa and I jumped back on the Renfe train to meet Ashton and Charli in Barcelona. Ashton and Charli had invited us to join them for a live flamenco shop at a local bar. After an hour or so of wandering, asking for directions, and wandering again, we finally found the bar, but not the flamenco. To our surprise and confusion, we stumbled into some sort of grunge band show... not quite traditional Spain.
We gave up on our quest and found an Irish Pub.
Day 23
Today was frustrating.
Like so many others on my trip, I feel as though I´ve crossed the line from being labeled a "tourist" to something else, what that is, I don´t know. We´re not even close to being locals, yet we´ve done all the cliche ¨touristy things. We´re tired, and school is becoming more and more pressing, as we all have a five page economics paper to write, a group project to coordinate, a confusing problem set to conquer, and two presentations to prepare. We don´t have much time left in Barcelona, our class trip to Madrid is looming, and our bus passes expire soon. We´ve all come to dread the hour long ride into Barcelona, where all the action and excitement happens.
I guess what I´m trying to say is that Saturday sucked for me.
I missed Texas. I missed Cody. I missed my family. I missed my Daddy´s superb seafood (Barcelona and Catalan cuisene have nothing on him).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Liz:
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know I've been following along your trip and enjoying it immensely. I've also been enjoying your "Daddy's" amazing seafood for you back home...hehe...sorry that was a little cruel! Anyway I hope you enjoy the remainder of your trip...what an awesome blessing to have this opportunity. Can't wait to see you! Love ya, Diana