Today I took a long nap after class and headed into Barcelona for dinner at El Tropezon. The food was just as wonderful as our last visit, and the company was fantastic as well.
Today's my daddy's birthday!!!! I really wish I was there to plant a kiss on his cheek and give him a big hug!!!! Happy Birthday Old Man! I love you!
Day 19
The highlight of my week was a wonderful box from my perfect boyfriend. He takes such great care of me and I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Melissa, Karen, and I went to Casa Batllo, an apartment designed by Antonio Gaudi. It was absolutely amazing and totally worth the 13 euros entry fee. They give you an audio tour guide that helps you understand the intricate works of Gaudi.
Day 18
Breakfast. Class. Nap. Laundry. Trying my best to recover from Paris.
Day 17
We squeezed in a trip to Notre Dame first thing Sunday morning. Our visit coincided with a mass, and we were allowed in during the service. I really enjoyed the beauty of this house of worship on a Sunday morning, although I still felt like a tourist, as I didn't understand a word of the priest's latin service.
We grabbed lunch and headed back to the bus stop for our hour bus ride to the airport. On our way, we ran across an awesome bird and flower market. The animals were so cute, and the flowers were absolutely beautiful!
The train back to Barcelona dragged on, and we arrived, exhausted and dirty, to our hotel around 1Am.
I think we an amazing job at conquering Paris in less than 48 hours. I saw everything I needed to see, but a return trip may be in order with Cody to take part in all the romance a city like Paris offers.
Day 16
We woke up early to get to the 11am Fat Bike Tour. Took some time to visit and get acquainted with the Eiffel Tower. It's kinda a big deal. We took tons of fun picture and explored the park before meeting up with out tour. The Aggie Connection is a strong and worldwide force as we found out at Pilar Sud of the Eiffel Tour. Here is where we met Sarah, a soon to be Aggie, Class of 2013, and her mom, Madie. We chatted with them for a while and got to know the darling mother daughter pair.
We then headed off on our bike tour. It was an amazing ride, and a great way to see most of th important landmarks in Paris with a little bit of historical references thrown in by our guide, Kylie. After the tour, we met up with Sarah and Madie who invited us to dinner later. We headed to the Louvre, visited Mona Lisa and the Napoleon Apartments, and then up the mountain to the landmark Sarah and Madie had suggested. We enjoyed a beautiful dinner overlooking Paris at dusk and did a little shopping as well.
Then it was off to see the Eiffel Tower at night, something Karen, Melissa, and I had been talking about all day. We managed to find a bottle of champagne in shop that was closing its doors and enjoyed our evening at the base of the world recognized landmark, taking pictures, and telling stories of life's adventures. We headed back to our hotel just after the tower, in it's best display of grandeur and beauty, twinkled at 1am. It was breathtaking. The best moment of the trip.
Day 15
Paris Day 1
We woke up at 8, ate breakfast at the hotel and left for the airport in Reus. Our flight to Paris was on RyanAir, a cheap airline that flies within Europe. Our flight was kept interesting by an entire little boys soccer team who screamed and sang throughout the entire flight. It was so frustrating. Our landing in Paris was also interesting, as we sort of nose dived our way into the airport. But we made it, and all was well. Got to our Best Western Hotel with the most amazing roll away beds in the world and then headed out for dinner. We went to Bar Brassiere Flo. Amazing dinner with champagne and wine. I ordered the tartar at the english speaking manager's recommendation, and although it basically looked like raw a raw hamburger, it was delicious. Headed to bed after a long, tiresome day of traveling.

i’m an associate of mary anne radmacher’s and saw you’ve enjoyed her quote, “live with intention.” i know mary anne is so happy when people find inspiration from her words in the context of their daily lives. for more work from mary anne’s hand visit her website maryanneradmacher.com. mary anne has written several books and shares her work in many forms including conferences and classes. If you’d like more information feel free to e-mail me at jessicaformaryanneradmacher@gmail.com. thanks for sharing her words!
ReplyDelete