It was probably my favorite Thursday excursion. We jumped in safari like trucks and were driven to the entrance of the mine where we donned flattering hard hats and followed a guide into the darkness.
The salt mines were surprisingly beautiful. Quick growing stalactites and stalagmites of beautiful, pure, and white salt crowned the entry. As we walked deeper into the abandoned mine, we were exposed to other types of salt in various rusty red colors. It was cool and quite, with the exception of our professors son dropping his hardhat every two seconds.
I was able to take a few decent pictures inside the cave. I'll try to post them on my facebook soon.
After the cave we went to a very nice restaurant for our Farewell Dinner.
We started the meal with a delicious Salmon Tartar. It was a perfect dish and Kelli and I turned into food critics as we analyzed each and every taste the tartar evoked. Then our main course, veal in "paris" sauce with french fries. I wasn't too crazy about the fries, but the steak was delicious and very filling. I also enjoyed the coffee infused tiramisu with an expresso after our meal.
Kelli and I headed into Barcelona for the LAST time this afternoon to take advantage of the Semi-Annual sales. We both had a laugh at ourselves after realizing our favorite store, Cotrefield, was also the favorite store of every middle aged woman in Barcelona. Apparently we dress like old women, and if thats true, I don't mind. I love the shirts I bought today.
So today is our last day in Spain. It has been quite a trip. A trip of a lifetime.
We'll never have the chance to repeat this fantastic adventure.
This is my last summer as a student, and I love that I'm going out with a bang.
I've had the best time here, and I have learned so much, laughed so much, and loved the Spanish culture so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment